To live the Truth, To educate with love,
To minimize misconceptions, To provide peace of mind.
“Silver Chalice, in the nail scarred hands. Drink this His immortal blood and cast aside the shell of mortality. Yeshua, Holy Son, save us now by thy Divine plan.”Morria
A part of the Christian Goth Alliance commited to awareness, fellowship,
and ministry in the Gothic community and beyond.
Founded: March 9th, 2002
Ministry outreach partnership with Goth 4 Jesus.
Help The Chalice Ministry to support sub-culture missionaries!
Welcome to The Chalice, a Christian Goth Alliance! It is our hope and prayer that you will find fellowship here and the sites of our fellow Christian Goth brothers and sisters.
Our goal is to be a community which ministry grows out of. Jesus told us to “love one another” and that “by your love you shall be known”. It is with this love that we seek to reach out.
It is not our goal to bring thousands into the kingdom, but rather to be a living example of Jesus in this generation. Jesus lived among the outcasts from His birth to His death and loved all with relentless affection.
So it is that we welcome you all into the site with open arms. We offer you our lives that you might see the One in Whom we believe.
~ The Web-Master, Taos Moonstalker Transcribed by: Green Angel
Statement of Faith
This we believe:
- In One God eternally exsiting in Three persons, the Trinity: God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, being incapable of sin.In man’s sinful state due to Adam and Eve’s rebellion in the garden, “For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.” and “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- In enternal savaltion through Jesus Christ, as was promised throughout history starting the very day of the fall. “And I will put enmpity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; It shall crush thy head, and ye shall bruise His heel.” – Gen. 3:15, “Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: Behold a virgin shall concieve, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” -Isaiah 7:14 & Matthew 1:23
- That Jesus Christ was born of the virgin Mary, being fully God and fully Man, that he was born in Bethlehem, raised in Nazareth, preached for 3 years throughout Judea and Gailee, that He was tried by the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem then turned over to Pontius Pilot.
- That Jesus was crucified on a Roman cross, took on the sins of the world, died, was burried in a borrowed tomb, and on the third day rose again.
- That, after being seen by as many as 500 people after He rose, Jesus ascended into Heaven, where He sits at God’s right hand.
- In the great commission to reach all with the good news of Jesus. “Ye shall be witness unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts of the world.” and that we are to reach out to all people groups, Goths included. “I become all things to all men that I might reach some.”
- In the indwelling Holy Spirit as prophesied in the Old Testiment and promised by Jesus. “In the last days I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams and your young men shall have visions.” -Joel 2:28 , Acts 2:17
- In salvation by faith, not of works. “For by Grace are ye saved, not of works lest any man should boast.” Works are an outward pouring of faith, for “Faith, without works, is dead, being alone.”
- In the return of Christ to judge all and to set up His eternal kingdom on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Keys to Salvation
There are many ways and reasons to become a follower of Christ, but there are keys that are always true:
1. Realize that you are important to God. That He loves you, so much so that He sent His only Son for you,
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten only Son, that whoeverso believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
2.Realize that you have SINNED and sin separates you from GOD.
“For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
As mortals we are trying to find the meaning to life,
unless we do that in God it will lead us to death.
“There is a way that seems right to man, but it leads to death.” Pro. 14:12
Your works can’t gain you a thing,
“For it is by grace that you have been saved, though faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the GIFT of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.” Phil. 2:8-9
3. Jesus died in your place and rose again for YOUR sins.
“But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Rom. 5:8
“Greater love hat no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend.”
4. Ask GOD for His Forgiveness
Tell God of all your sins, be open, He wont turn you away,
“He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds MERCY.” Pro. 28:13
God has promised to forgive you. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
5. Trust Jesus and receive Him as your Savior
Jesus is Waiting….
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door. I will go in…” Rev. 3:30
“Yet to all who receive Him, to those who believed in His name He gave them the right to become children of God.” The Bible says that “we can come boldly to the throne of the Lord, and obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” Hebrews 4:14
Want to start down this path now?
Keys to being follower:
1. Dedicate a place to prayer and devotion. Meet with God every night and morning for prayer, worship and/or Bible reading. (Some do just morning, just night, or split the prayer, worship, and reading between the two.)
2. Study the Word of God at least 15 minuets per day. Let God speak to you through His Word. The Bible is FOOD for the soul and spirit of mortal man. “As new babes, desire the milk of the Word, that ye may grow there by.” 1 Peter 2:2
3. Join a Bible study. Attend Church often. “Forsake yet not the assymbleing of yourselves together, as is the manor of some, but ” Hebrews 10:25
4. Be baptized, if not already.
5. Work for God. He left the winning of souls into the kingdom for us. (He readies them, we harvest them. Mortals dont get people saved. We just help God by being the Hands and Feet of Christ to this watching world.)
6. Stay clear of evil companions… avoid any amusement or pleasure that is not uplifting to the heart and soul.
7.Give support to God’s work… 10% to the store house and more as you feel lead.
8. Do not be discoraged.
9. Read these offten…
Psalms 1, Psalms 23, Psalms 34, Psalms 73, Psalms 84, and Psalms 91
John 1, John 3, John 14, John 17
Acts 1 and 2
1 Corinthans 13
Revalations 21 and 22
Sorrow and death, each are apart of this life that we lead. Some are just better prepared for their pain than others are. I am she who is know as Morria, “strong woman of bitter sorrow”, but I have not always been strong in the face of evil, sorrow, or death. In fact, in times past, sorrow has driven me from He who I love most. My life has been a good one. I was adopted at the age of six months into a good Christian family. I was a lively little girl, who saw the best in everything, even things everyone else could not. Yet, I was among the first to see and feel the hurt and pain of the dying world around me, and I wanted to do something about it. Thus God answered the desire of my heart at the age of seven by calling me to be a missionary.
As I entered my pre-teen years, I entered a dark time for me. The painful loss of a loved one, caused me to question whether God kept His word or not. It was not that I did not still believe that He was real. I knew that. I just was not sure I wanted to be His. It would take me until I was almost thirteen before I gave my life over to Jesus again. Still, though I was passionately on fire for Him, things from the past kept coming back to haunt me. Some I knew were wrong, others I did not, but felt I should not do them. Thus an on going battle would rage within me from the time I was thirteen until I was nineteen (though echoes of the battle still haunt me from time to time.) Finally, by surrendering myself to Jesus totally, I have a freedom of the soul I have not known in years.
A life, what a short thing it is, yet though it be but a vapour, it is that which God has given to us. I understand well that none know the length of their days upon this Earth, so with the time I have been given I will seek to honor Him. ~ Morria
Gothic Prayer Warriors
The fellowship of shadow walkers fighting for the King of Kings.
Knights and Angels, each called to be true, blue roses for the Lord.
In a time of bitter sorrow, in the midst of dark and dying lands, there stand those who fear not the darkness nor the evil of our age. They carry not the weapons of the flesh, but in their hands is the Shield of Faith and the Sword of the Spirit. These are they who walk upright in the sight of the Lord; these are they who wander, but are not lost.
Many are they who walk within the shadows, longing for freedom but find only slavery. Many are those who seek to know power, yet find only darkness.
We are they who have tasted of the captivity and darkness, yet found the Light that frees and empowers us to walk again within the shadowlands.
We are those who have taken up the shield of faith and the sword of the Spirit, and take all to the Lord in prayer.
We are the Gothic Knights and Angels, unafraid of the works of the evil one, who has no true power, for he is defeated by our LORD.
We seek not praise; we seek not honour; we seek alone to bring Christ’s freedom and power to our fallen brothers and sisters.
To simply follow the One who made us, and reach our generation for Him is what we seek.
‘Tis this that makes us the Gothic Knights and Angels, Prayer Warriors of the King of Kings.
Strong and mighty men of God, unafraid of the terror by night nor the arrow by day,
these are they who walk in the darkness with His Light burning within.
These are they who fight the righteous fight of faith when all others lose their way.
Though the world think them but outcasts, these knights stand their ground and will not be turned.
They are like Stryder and the rangers, ever traveling, never truly telling who they are.
Yet many leaders of the coming days rest within their midst.
Bold and virtuous women of God, unafraid of the pestilence that wasteth at the noonday nor the destruction that stalketh in darkness, these are they who are walking in Grace amidst of the darkness.
These are they who stand for the Truth in a time when truth has lost its meaning.
Though the world think them but outcasts, these angels stand their ground and will not be turned.
They are like Arwen Evenstar and Ewoyn of Rohan, daring women, leaders, and warriors of their own right. Full of grace and beauty of Spirit, are not among these our future leaders?
Are you a Gothic Knight or Angel?
- Guidence as we move forward
- For protection for the whole team
- as they do outreach
- as they suffer persecution
- For $300-$700 a month for each of
our sub-culture missionaries
- For a building
- Annasta, as she plans for her future.
- Morria, for personal struggles.
- Matt, as he goes through his senior year in high school.
- Greg, as he deals with school,
and his closest friend’s move.
- Dan and Laurel, as Dan deals with his mystery illness and Laurel as she is pregnant.
- Josh as he seeks to pay off debts.
- God has blessed us with a Laptop Computer! God has blessed us with a temp. headquarters until we find a building!
The Chalice was founded March 9th of 2002 with the intent of having both on-line and physical ministry sites. It is the goal of The Chalice team to start Safe Houses, Clubs, Stores, as well as, running the on-line site.
A sub-culture missionary is a committed follower of Christ, a native to the culture (normally), and passionate about reaching their people. They actively seek ways to win lost souls to the Lord. Taking up the Great Commission as their mandate in life, they speak the Word in season.
Help The Chalice Ministry to support sub-culture missionaries. All money donated goes toward The Chalice Ministry’s Sub-culture Missionaries and their work in the Antioch Projects.
The Antioch Project
Paul, the first full time missionary to the Gentiles, headed out for each of his missions outreaches from the city of Antioch. Without those missions, Europe would not have had the freedom she now knows. Everywhere he went, Paul sought to establish churches, and many times those within came from those least thought likely to become believers: the outcasts, the pagans, the immoral. Yet these came willingly to the faith.
In place such as Corinth, Galatia, Ephesus, Philippi, Paul founded churches, and many times trained the locals to be leaders among their own people. In times of need often these churches sent aid back and forth to one another, and even raised funds for the church in Jerusalem in a time of great hardship.
“A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men shall know ye are My disciples, if you love one another.”John 14:35-35
The Chalice Antioch Project is designed to meet the needs of sub-culture missionaries, new belivers, and followers of Christ within the sub-culture.
Designed to minister to new believers, by providing boxs filled with info on the Bible, their new faith, and a Bible.
Designed to help believers and sub-culture missionaries with their basic needs. These could inclued items ranging from clothing and food, to computers and supplies for ministering.
The Chalice Safe House
We intend to offer housing and training to older Gothic teens and young adults, who, due to social misunderstandings, have ended up either homeless or abandoned. The Chalice would offer them room, board, and training at no charge to them, and then help them find good jobs and housing after graduating the program.
The idea is to offer training in a field that would enable the Goth to be able to find a stable job in the working world, and yet also in one that suites their needs and talents. Of course, there will be classes in painting, drawing, poetry, writing, music, and other arts on top of the other classes, and all classes, except “Introduction to Christian Goths” i.e. morning chapel once a week are open for the student to choose. This will be explained before hand, and no one is forced to stay if they do not wish to. Chapel will be held daily for those who wish to attend, and safe house members will be encouraged to help plan and even help lead the meetings.
Future Safe House sites being scouted out both in America and Ireland.
The Chalice Safe House: Dublin, Ireland
This has been a dream of ministry team member Morria since she was 10 years old. Morria has dreamt of working and living in this Victorian house. God willing, finding this Victoria home, and beginning repairs. As soon as the place is livable, offering housing to the teens and young adults from the Gothic community. Room and board will be free in exchange for them working on the Safe House grounds, at Club Chalice, and The Chalice Golgotha Store.
The ground floor holding the offices, parlor, kitchen, and a large dinning hall. The floors are of polished oak wood with matching wood paneling half way up the walls. The top half of the walls are papered in a soft white marbleized paper. From the ceiling hangs a crystal chandelier. The living room is nigh to diamond shaped. The furniture is Gothic Tudor and Victorian style. The drapes are a forest green velvet. There are various antique silver frames, candelabras, old and new books, and other decorations about the room.
The next floor holds the classrooms in which the different courses are taught. On the third floor are the dorms for the teens and young adults. The guys rooms in the west wing, the girls rooms in the east wing, and between the two is a large sitting room to hang out in. The bed rooms are done in oak paneling, oak flooring, and white washed walls like in the living room. Furniture consists of a futon “canopy” bunk bed, antique wardrobe, antique piano bench, dresser, chest of drawers, and book shelves.
Morria and her husband live in the attic apartment of the Safe House.
The Chalice Clubs and Coffee Houses
It is our hope to run clubs in multiple locations around the world. Each club would take on a different look and feeling depending upon the regional Gothic influences of the area, and the club owners themselves. Each would have a snack and coffee bar, booths, tables, and the main club area including a dance floor, and a stage for live performances. Back stage will of course have the backstage area, as well as a few offices. The coffee bar would be open continually. In most places we intend to make use of existing buildings, hoping only to do minor remodeling at each site.
While the Chalice Safe Houses and Chalice stores (complete with their own clothing line) are farther down the road, we are intending to open the first Club Chalice in Wichita, KS as soon as the Lord provides us with a site.
The Chalice Stores
The Chalice Stores will be Christian Gothic clothing and book stores. They would provide good quality, inexpensive Gothic clothing made by The Chalice Ministry, as well as offer the more expensive “designer” Goth clothing, and specially crafted clothing designed and made by our own staff. The book store area would carry poetry, art, music, and Christian books, among others. We will also publish books written by the students in the Safe House programs, as well as other writers. Ideally, the stores would be adjoining the Chalice clubs, and like the clubs, each store would be slightly different due to the local Goth culture’s taste. The stores would be open from Noon to Midnight.
Along with physical stores, there would be an on-line “mother” store, which would enable custom orders, and for clothing and books made by people from one location to be bought by people at other locations.
The first of The Chalice Ministry’s stores is already up and running, GoLGothA (Go all Gothic Attire), ran by Kat Hunt, offers Christian Goth clothing, plus a growing number of other items.